Hockey Prospectus 2012-13
In the winning tradition of the New York Times bestselling Baseball Prospectus comes the world's greatest guide to the NHL. The authors of Hockey Prospectus combine cutting-edge NHL statistical analysis and sharp wit to explain what happened last season, and look ahead to what you can expect in 2012-13 with the help of the exclusive VUKOTA projection system.
Hockey Prospectus 2012-13 features:
- Info-packed tables and in-depth commentary on all 30 teams and over 1,000 players, including their advanced stats for the last three seasons.
- The results of Hockey Prospectus' exclusive VUKOTA projection system, for both players and teams
- Our exclusive Top 100 NHL Prospects for the upcoming season
- Player Usage Charts for each team, quickly showing each coach's deployment of skaters by level of competition and zone start percentage, and resulting puck possession rating.
- Essays on sabermetric advancements regarding zone entries, power play metrics, and core age, that will change the way you view hockey.
- Foreword by renowned hockey analytics expert Gabriel Desjardins.
"For those in hockey who think of numbers and stats as-at best-frenemies, it's time to change your tune and embrace them as full-fledged friends. Hockey Prospectus 2012-13 is the perfect companion - full of smart, original thinking and analysis that leads to a more expansive and entertaining appreciation of the game. Prospectus provides puck perspective."
- Steve Dryden, Senior Managing Editor, TSN
"Whenever we need to break down the numbers, and delve into the story contained within the stats, The War Room goes directly to Hockey Prospectus for the final word on the subject."
- Mick Kern, Host of The War Room on NHL Network Radio
"Moneyball has become Moneypuck in this age of advanced analytics. Timo Seppa and company have been at the forefront of bringing this business trend to the NHL."
- Rob Shaw, Head of Broadcast and Director of Content for Bloomberg Sports
"If you want to know if your team is playoff bound or headed for an early spring, grab Hockey Prospectus 2012-13. The advanced statistical analysis offers smart reasons why teams win and why they don't."
'Stats are facts...In the long run they hardly ever lie. Thorough analytical work, like that done by Hockey Prospectus, is needed to make a proper evaluation of them."
- E.J. Hradek, Host for NHL Network and Senior Reporter at NHL.com
- Jarmo Kekalainen, General Manager of Jokerit, and former Assistant General Manager and Director of Amateur Scouting of the St. Louis Blues
"Timo Seppa has been predicting Stanley Cup Finals for three seasons on hockeyprospectus.com and he's nailed all three winners in the correct number of games... For hockey fans that want sharp insight and analysis, Hockey Prospectus 2012-13 should be required reading."
- Scott Cullen, Columnist at TSN, specializing in power rankings, player rankings,
analysis, and fantasy commentary
"They're my go-to source for any NHL info. Nobody breaks it down better than Hockey Prospectus."
- John DiTullio, host of The John DiTullio Show, 1280 WHTK & FM 107.3 Rochester's Sports Talk
"Many outlets have good hockey coverage, but few consistently produce great unique content. Hockey Prospectus is in that elite class year after year. Everything I read from Hockey Prospectus leaves me thinking about hockey, a game I've known my entire life, in a totally different light."
- Mike Colligan, NHL Analyst at TheHockeyWriters.com and Forbes.com SportsMoney
Hockey Prospectus 2012-13 now available!
Digital download $9.90
Get instant access to the PDF for only $9.94
The printed annual is now available from Amazon.com